Loading....



This post has been on my mind from quite some time now, I choose to call it Good Girl Gone bad, not as a tribute to Rihanna’s album but simply because it represents my current state of mind.

Don’t be alarmed, ‘Bad’ is used as a liberating world for me here, a word that sets me on track for this journey that I have recently embarked on. I have become more than a good, shy, reserved, unsure and tall fragile thing. I'm BAD now! A lot more confident, definitely less afraid, and dam good at what I do. Of course, I am not yet where I aim to be, but what I have accomplished so far is a great indicator that the limits are off. I'm my own superhero, #BossLady, #BadAssGirl. Underneath my every day gear, I flaunt #BadAss lingerie from AliceKass. You villains better watch out! 

I choose Alice Kass to unveil myself because it is a brand and movement that empowers woman to feel absolutely great about themselves, their sensuality, and their sexuality.




My meeting with Sabrina Cassis was exactly how I envisioned it. A fun encounter with a overall cool and bubbly woman. Dressed with a simple black thank top, black shorts and a hat, she is the girl next door with a twist of edginess. It didn't take too long for me to realize how admirably genuine this young business woman is. She has entertained a love affair with fashion for as long as she can remember and just a little over a year ago, launched Alice Kass, the much needed online lingerie boutique based right here in Montreal.


Sabrina and I



Why lingerie

Admitting that she has never before been that much into lingerie, Sabrina confined in me that, the minute she immersed fully into fashion, she got intrigued by that particular type of clothing. Because of the lack of possibilities presented to her while roaming the aisles of  Victoria'sSecrets or LaSenza  she felt like she did not belong. They all carry the same things which she did not identify with. The extra push up, the overly padded bra did not cut it her. She felt overwhelmed with all those extremes, big hair, suggestive poses, long feather lashes you name it. She thought, "Where can a regular woman go to buy cool easy casual lingerie that is not only about seduction or just the bedroom?" Nowadays a nice bra could be exposed and be part of your look but they seemed pretty hard to find. Alice Kass is for the real kind of woman, the one that is not photoshopped or overly sexualized, the one you just want to hang out with. Don’t be mistaken, looking hot and confident can easily be achieved while wearing any of the brands that you find under the banner of Alice Kass. What sets them apart from those cliché brands is that, all models and what they are wearing are relatable. They are us, in all shapes and colors. She later told me that the model showcased in all of her advertisements are at times professional models but also friends, friends of friends or simply cast from instagram.



The Name
AliceKass came straight out of Sabrina`s imagination. Alice Kass is a girl that represents the modern day woman, comfortable with herself, stylish and ready to take on the world. Alice Kass is Sabrina’s alter ego, her daring side. But the name itself came from the combination of two names.



Sabrina
What I really like about Sabrina   is that she is super hands on when it comes to her brand. She will style, create the story line and direct every single photoshoot. She wants to be present and make sure that it  is in tuned with who her girls really are. Owning an online boutique is great, but having a pop-shop is even better. Alice Kass can be followed around the city one pop-shop at the time. To Sabrina, it’s the best way to get instant feedback from the clients, to know them. They get to try the products and see what it’s really about.














I had a great time on set with Sabrina and ChristineTurek, our talented photographer that day. Beautified by Sylvie from Sylkie Makeup & Motives, I let me inhibitions down and out came out hopefull the really me.

Follow Alice Kass on Facebook here and on Instagram here
Follow Christine Tureck Photography on Facebook here and on Instagram here
Follow Sylkie MakeUp on Facebook here and on Instagram here

Xoxo


Comments
2 comments

  1. Unknown says:

    This comment has been removed by the author.